As a bank consultant at the time of the 2008 financial crisis it became apparent with the new banking regulations that new areas of service were needed. This evolved in Mandell providing services including but limited to the following:
- Assisting with the disposal other real estate owned (OREO)
- Assisting with bank regulator audits
- Review real estate collateral for internal use
- Provide appraisal independence with credit department input
- Appraisal selection when collateral is out of normal bank market
- Review of appraisals engaged by the bank.
- Submit review of appraisal report in compliance with USPAP, FIREA, Inter Agency Guidelines and bank appraisal policy.
With the process developed by Mandell the bank continues to have involvement though out the process. This is preferable by most Financial institutions rather than the typical AMC.